Thursday, March 22, 2012

error '80020009' HELP!

error '800200009' HELP!!!
---
I am new to this forum and am looking for help...
I inherited a Win NT4.0 server that is serving up MS SQL 7. It will
eventually be replaced, now that I have responsibility for the machine. But
in the meantime...I am getting the following error message from some users
when they try to access the database through a web browser.
error '80020009'
Exception occurred.
/include_files/mimpo/VBSFunctions.inc, line 61
This error appeared a while back, and the machine arrived in my area with
the error. I am new to SQL and am seeking help.
All present users within the machine have access to the database via their
web browsers. It is when I create a new user, that this error appears. Any
ideas?
If I restore the database from a backup when the error was not occurring,
would this elimate the error, and allow me to create new users that can
access the database successfully?
Or is there another method that I can use, without loosing two months of
info by performing a database restore?
Any help with this matter would really be great!!!
thanks,
scottHi
Check your SQL Server event logs for any problems.
Regards
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"s-jeff" <s-jeff@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C2B03635-F38F-4DC0-8092-90B388A41712@.microsoft.com...
> error '800200009' HELP!!!
> ---
> I am new to this forum and am looking for help...
> I inherited a Win NT4.0 server that is serving up MS SQL 7. It will
> eventually be replaced, now that I have responsibility for the machine.
But
> in the meantime...I am getting the following error message from some users
> when they try to access the database through a web browser.
> error '80020009'
> Exception occurred.
> /include_files/mimpo/VBSFunctions.inc, line 61
>
> This error appeared a while back, and the machine arrived in my area with
> the error. I am new to SQL and am seeking help.
> All present users within the machine have access to the database via their
> web browsers. It is when I create a new user, that this error appears. Any
> ideas?
> If I restore the database from a backup when the error was not occurring,
> would this elimate the error, and allow me to create new users that can
> access the database successfully?
> Or is there another method that I can use, without loosing two months of
> info by performing a database restore?
> Any help with this matter would really be great!!!
> thanks,
> scott
>

No comments:

Post a Comment