Thursday, March 29, 2012

Error 927

I recently restored a database from tape.
However when I go into SQL Enterprise Manager, I see the
recently restored database showing "loading".
I assumed that this was a good indication however it has
been loading now for the last 12 hours. The database is
about 17 gig.
Is this normal or is it safe to assume that is locked up.
What am I missing here.
Thank a million!
JamesThat is really hard to tell. 12 hours sounds a bit excessive. What version
of SQL? I've restored 1-2 GB databases with SQL 7/2000 in 30 mins.
My one thought is that there may be a very long running transaction that has
to be rolled back. Do you have another backup to try restoring from? You
could always create a separate database on the same server, and force a
restore on that one.
Also, does sp_who reveal any blocks or ROLLBACK transactions? Where is
error 927 show up? When you restored, on the Advanced tab, it did say Leave
database operational, and not one of the other options where you could
restore additional backups, right?
I assume this KB article is not applicable as it is for the msdb database,
but I'll put in just in case
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;319701 (Error 927
restoring the msdb database).
Good luck.
****************************************
***************************
Andy S.
MCSE NT/2000, MCDBA SQL 7/2000
andymcdba1@.NOMORESPAM.yahoo.com
Please remove NOMORESPAM before replying.
Always keep your antivirus and Microsoft software
up to date with the latest definitions and product updates.
Be suspicious of every email attachment, I will never send
or post anything other than the text of a http:// link nor
post the link directly to a file for downloading.
This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties
and confers no rights.
****************************************
***************************
<James@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:045b01c3cfb6$9d4f18f0$a001280a@.phx.gbl...
quote:

> I recently restored a database from tape.
> However when I go into SQL Enterprise Manager, I see the
> recently restored database showing "loading".
> I assumed that this was a good indication however it has
> been loading now for the last 12 hours. The database is
> about 17 gig.
> Is this normal or is it safe to assume that is locked up.
> What am I missing here.
> Thank a million!
> James
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment