Monday, March 26, 2012

Error 823 SQL 2000

Hello,
I'm helping a friend that thought he was backing up the server and turns out he wasn't. The server crashed and now one of the databases is reporting an 823 error and the enterprise manager shows the database as suspect and won't access. I did a lot of digging and found an article to remove the suspect flag:
use master
go
exec sp_resetstatus [mydb]
Now when I go in to enterprise manager I see the database but I cannot access it, but the suspect flag is gone and the data icon is colored again.
It then tells me to recover the database. I'm not sure exactly what they mean here... I tried to use a:
DBCC CHECKDB([mydb]) and got an error stating that it's been marked as suspect.
Does anyone know a way to recover this database? Thanks.Based on size of your DB and time which you have to recover process, there
are couple of actions can be done .
I suggest to turn this DB into the emergency mode and try to download data
with BCP or DTS on
a new created database.
Emergency Mode:
use master
go
sp_configure 'allow updates', 1
reconfigure with override
go
update sysdatabases set status = 32768 where name
= '<db_name>'
go
Then try to transfer data.
Regards.
---
All information provided above AS IS.
"Scott" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:6D6710B6-7403-40D6-928D-444CB6467DA3@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I'm helping a friend that thought he was backing up the server and turns
out he wasn't. The server crashed and now one of the databases is reporting
an 823 error and the enterprise manager shows the database as suspect and
won't access. I did a lot of digging and found an article to remove the
suspect flag:
> use master
> go
> exec sp_resetstatus [mydb]
> Now when I go in to enterprise manager I see the database but I cannot
access it, but the suspect flag is gone and the data icon is colored again.
> It then tells me to recover the database. I'm not sure exactly what they
mean here... I tried to use a:
> DBCC CHECKDB([mydb]) and got an error stating that it's been marked as
suspect.
> Does anyone know a way to recover this database? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment