Tuesday, March 27, 2012

error 9004, severity 21, state 10

saw one of my database went suspect, I tried to load a restore from the backup, but this was going on for ever. I cancelled out, deleted the suspect database. Created a new database and tried to restore from the old backup, but this was going on for ever. It will not restore. I cannot stop and start mssql service on this server as it is production. what else can I do.Q1 On trying to restore from the old backup, this goes on forever. I cannot stop and start mssql service on this server as it is production. What else can I do?

A1 If the issue amounts to the Db remaining in 'Loading' status "forever"; it may simply be that the DB has not been recovered following the restore.

To test this possibility, one would execute a statement similar to the following:

Restore DataBase [DBName] With Recovery

Question I
Can the DB be restored to a development server successfully using the "old backup"?sql

1 comment:

Unknown said...

MS SQL is a well known relational database management system makes use of Transaction log to keep track of keeps track of all modifications. But sometime log gets corrupt and gives rise to SQL error 9004. I too have same issue.

Post a Comment