Monday, March 26, 2012

Error 823

Hello.
I pray to that someone can help me...
A month ago a compaq server hosting a SQL Server 2000 Server had a hardware
crash. Unfortunatly, the Compaq Smart Array was configured with RAID 0.
Aparently the problem was there a long time ago and there was not a recently
backup file. So, we've delivered the Raid System to a Recovery company.
The data was recovered, I have the .MDF and the .LDF files. The problem is,
after i attach the database to a clean instance of Sql Server, i get the
following error:
******************
Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 2, Line 1
I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x0000001ef3c000 in
file 'D:\Data\database_Data.MDF'.
Connection Broken
******************
I've tried several possible solutions as CHECKDB, CHECKALLOC and so far,
with no results.
How can I resove this problem? I have read thousands of Forum messages but
i've no solution. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 826433, that
tells me that there are a build of Sql server, wich have several tools to
try to correct this problem. Tha leads me to another problem... i cannot
find that file versions.
I would thanks any solution, any help.
Regards.
Marco Pais
[posted and mailed, please reply in news]
Marco Pais (mpais@.foruminformatica.pt) writes:
> A month ago a compaq server hosting a SQL Server 2000 Server had a
> hardware crash. Unfortunatly, the Compaq Smart Array was configured with
> RAID 0.
> Aparently the problem was there a long time ago and there was not a
> recently backup file. So, we've delivered the Raid System to a Recovery
> company.
> The data was recovered, I have the .MDF and the .LDF files. The problem
> is, after i attach the database to a clean instance of Sql Server, i get
> the following error:
> ******************
> Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 2, Line 1
> I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x0000001ef3c000 in
> file 'D:\Data\database_Data.MDF'.
> Connection Broken
> ******************
> I've tried several possible solutions as CHECKDB, CHECKALLOC and so far,
> with no results.
Open a case with Microsoft Support. It looks as if your database is
corrupt, and to get back in order is no easy task.

> How can I resove this problem? I have read thousands of Forum messages
> but i've no solution. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
> 826433, that tells me that there are a build of Sql server, wich have
> several tools to try to correct this problem. Tha leads me to another
> problem... i cannot find that file versions.
That's right. Most hotfixes are not downloadable, but you need to
open a case with Microsoft to get hold of them. This is also detailed
in all KB articles which announces hotfixes.
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, sommar@.algonet.se
Books Online for SQL Server SP3 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/techinf...2000/books.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment