Monday, March 26, 2012

Error 823

Hello.
I pray to that someone can help me...
A month ago a compaq server hosting a SQL Server 2000 Server had a hardware
crash. Unfortunatly, the Compaq Smart Array was configured with RAID 0.
Aparently the problem was there a long time ago and there was not a recently
backup file. So, we've delivered the Raid System to a Recovery company.
The data was recovered, I have the .MDF and the .LDF files. The problem is,
after i attach the database to a clean instance of Sql Server, i get the
following error:
******************
Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 2, Line 1
I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x0000001ef3c000 in
file 'D:\Data\database_Data.MDF'.
Connection Broken
******************
I've tried several possible solutions as CHECKDB, CHECKALLOC and so far,
with no results.
How can I resove this problem? I have read thousands of Forum messages but
i've no solution. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 826433, that
tells me that there are a build of Sql server, wich have several tools to
try to correct this problem. Tha leads me to another problem... i cannot
find that file versions.
I would thanks any solution, any help.
Regards.
Marco Pais
> Hello.
> I pray to that someone can help me...
> A month ago a compaq server hosting a SQL Server 2000 Server had a
hardware
> crash. Unfortunatly, the Compaq Smart Array was configured with RAID 0.
> Aparently the problem was there a long time ago and there was not a
recently
> backup file. So, we've delivered the Raid System to a Recovery company.
> The data was recovered, I have the .MDF and the .LDF files. The problem
is,
> after i attach the database to a clean instance of Sql Server, i get the
> following error:
> ******************
> Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 2, Line 1
> I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x0000001ef3c000 in
> file 'D:\Data\database_Data.MDF'.
> Connection Broken
> ******************
> I've tried several possible solutions as CHECKDB, CHECKALLOC and so far,
> with no results.
> How can I resove this problem? I have read thousands of Forum messages but
> i've no solution. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 826433,
that
> tells me that there are a build of Sql server, wich have several tools to
> try to correct this problem. Tha leads me to another problem... i cannot
> find that file versions.
> I would thanks any solution, any help.
> Regards.
> Marco Pais
>
Hi Marco,
There are two possibilities: either your disk media is giving you problems
restoring or your mdf file itself is corrupt beyond recovery.
Can you copy the database files to on another physical drive and then
attach from that path or from another SQL Server machine that you know has
a good healthy disk system? We are trying to eliminate your raid system as
the root cause of the Error 823.
If your database files won't attach from a clean disk system, then it is
corrupt beyond recovery. Your best option in this situation is to restore
from your last good backup.
Hope this helps,
Eric Crdenas
Senior support professional
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment