Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 9003

Hi
I have been using SQL server with the web matrix project whilst I learn
ASP.net. (I am new to both). At some point this week the SQL server stopped
working (It may be linked to my computer crashing whilst another program was
running). It now will not run from the web matrix or the SQL service
manager. I have found the error logs and the last four lines read :-
2005-09-10 08:54:02.92 spid3 Starting up database 'master'.
2005-09-10 08:54:03.35 spid3 Error: 9003, Servrity: 20, State: 1.
2005-09-10 08:54:03.35 spid3 Cannot recover the master database.
Exiting.
I have found a description of error 9003
"The LSN %S_LSN passed to log scan in database '%.*Is' is invalid."
but this means nothing to me.
My guess is I have an inconsistancy because of the crash but to be honest I
am out of my depth.
Has anyone got some simple advice or do I just start again.
Thanks in advance
Mike
Hi,
Have a look into the below URL to correct the master database corruption.
This will work out provide you have the master database backup.
http://geekswithblogs.net/travis/arc.../27/48400.aspx
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"Mike" <Mike@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:93CFAEEF-9171-4CD7-B712-58870BE12715@.microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I have been using SQL server with the web matrix project whilst I learn
> ASP.net. (I am new to both). At some point this week the SQL server
> stopped
> working (It may be linked to my computer crashing whilst another program
> was
> running). It now will not run from the web matrix or the SQL service
> manager. I have found the error logs and the last four lines read :-
> 2005-09-10 08:54:02.92 spid3 Starting up database 'master'.
> 2005-09-10 08:54:03.35 spid3 Error: 9003, Servrity: 20, State: 1.
> 2005-09-10 08:54:03.35 spid3 Cannot recover the master database.
> Exiting.
> I have found a description of error 9003
> "The LSN %S_LSN passed to log scan in database '%.*Is' is invalid."
> but this means nothing to me.
> My guess is I have an inconsistancy because of the crash but to be honest
> I
> am out of my depth.
> Has anyone got some simple advice or do I just start again.
> Thanks in advance
> Mike
|||Hi Prasad
Thanks for the advice. In fact I have been looking around the internet over
the last few hours and tried a few things including SP4. I also realised
that I had nothing backed up in the SQL Server (as I did not know how to).
Anyway, I installed a new Instance of the server on my computer and have
spent hours building the tables and stored procedures again. I have almost
finished! It's a little messy as I still have the old instance of the SQL
Server on the computer and cannot open it or remove it.
Anyway, I will back up my database this time!!
I will also have a look at your link just for interest sake - and I have
certainly learnt some important info about SQL Server today.
Thanks again
Mike
"Hari Prasad" wrote:

> Hi,
> Have a look into the below URL to correct the master database corruption.
> This will work out provide you have the master database backup.
> http://geekswithblogs.net/travis/arc.../27/48400.aspx
> Thanks
> Hari
> SQL Server MVP
> "Mike" <Mike@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:93CFAEEF-9171-4CD7-B712-58870BE12715@.microsoft.com...
>
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment