Tuesday, March 27, 2012

error 8906

Hi,

I have sql 7.o server and lately after running dbcc checkdb I saw these errors. These errors have not come in the way of functionality of application and database. I have run repair_allow_data_loss option couple of times with no sucess. Since these allocation errors are not associated with any single object can we go on with these errors in DB or how do I resolve these errors.

Thx,

Bxmakin

Server: Msg 8906, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Page (1:656) in database ID 7 is allocated in the SGAM (1:3) and PFS (1:1), but was not allocated in any IAM. PFS flags 'MIXED_EXT ALLOCATED 100_PCT_FULL'.
Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Extent (1:2464) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.
Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Extent (1:12720) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.
Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Extent (1:17144) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.
Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Extent (1:223008) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.
Server: Msg 8905, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Extent (1:310776) in database ID 7 is marked allocated in the GAM, but no SGAM or IAM has allocated it.
Server: Msg 8906, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
Page (1:322715) in database ID 7 is allocated in the SGAM (1:3) and PFS (1:315432), but was not allocated in any IAM. PFS flags 'MIXED_EXT ALLOCATED 50_PCT_FULL'.
DBCC results for 'onbase'.
CHECKDB found 7 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors not associated with any single object.Do you have any text or image columns in your database? If so, what is the biggest BLOB file size for a particular row out of all the tables in your db?

I'm wondering this because those errors are related to extents and heaps.

...just a thought.

Kael|||Kael,

Thanks for reponding to my dilemma. I am not a DBA by any strech of imagination where I am caught between our pplication people and Microsoft. They have suggested that I restore from a backup and I stand to loose lot of work. I did restore a recent backup on a test ma chine with same allocation errors. I got suspicious about this one table which stores the trancations logs i.e. "Person X looked at a Y document at Certain time etc.." . I know these tables tend to grow really large and cause problems. I ran checktable etc. with no luck. Finally I dropped the table and ran checkdb and it cleared all the allocation errors. I donot know how to answer to your question. If you donot mind sending me a command or two to find out what you pointed out. It will be immensely helpful.

I did try running dbreindex on the table and it didnot help. Do you think if I run dbreindex with new fill factor it may help.

Thanks in advance.

Bxmakin

No comments:

Post a Comment