Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 911

When I try to connect to a particular database using my client/server
application I receive ERROR 911 - Server rejected the connection;
Access to the selected database has been denied.
I tried changing the owner using sp_changedbowner to a value of a
database that I can connect to but this didn't work.
I did ensure that the SQL account used to connect has permission to
the database in Enterprise Manager
I did create this database using DTS. However I can connect to the
database that was the source db w/o a problem.
ThanksHi,
Can you change the default database for this login to the database you are
trying to access. I feel that when ever you login it is going
to the Master database.
How to change this
sp_defaultdb 'UR Login name accessed by application','the database you are
trying to connect'
If it still gives error, then assign 'DB_OWNER' dataase role and try
connecting.
THanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Jim" <jromano@.phs-us.com> wrote in message
news:e1e1a687.0403261629.e32d311@.posting.google.com...
> When I try to connect to a particular database using my client/server
> application I receive ERROR 911 - Server rejected the connection;
> Access to the selected database has been denied.
> I tried changing the owner using sp_changedbowner to a value of a
> database that I can connect to but this didn't work.
> I did ensure that the SQL account used to connect has permission to
> the database in Enterprise Manager
> I did create this database using DTS. However I can connect to the
> database that was the source db w/o a problem.
> Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment