Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 9003 : fail to attach a database

Hi,
I sucessful attached a database, but deleted it without detach. When I tried
to attach again got this error 9003: The LSN(12:32:1) passed to log scan in
database "Contacts" is invalid.
I tried to detach it, but I can't find the database in system, so it fails t
oo.
Please help, thanks in advance!
IreneIrene,
Do you have the .mdf and .ldf files for Contacts?
Did you use the Enterprise Manager or issue the sp_attach_db and sp_detach_d
b from the Query Analyzer?
...but deleted it without detach...
What does this mean? How was this accomplished? Explain...
Does Contacts show up when you run this...
SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabases
Norman|||Hi, Norman
I used the Enterprise Manager to attach the Contact.mdf and Contact.ldf.
After attached it, I found the new database "Contact" was readonly. I
made a mistake to del the database "Contact" directly in the Enterprise
Manager explorer.
When I tried to attach the file again in the Enterprise Manager
explorer, it shows the error 9003. Then I tried sp_detach_db "Contact",
it fails.
When I run "SELECT * FROM sysdatabases", no "Contact" database record
in.
I guest it still has some reference files exist in database server, but
I don't know how to restore it.
Thanks again.
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||Hi, Norman
I used the Enterprise Manager to attach the Contact.mdf and Contact.ldf.
After attached it, I found the new database "Contact" was readonly. I made a
mistake to del the database "Contact" directly in the Enterprise Manager ex
plorer.
When I tried to attach the file again in the Enterprise Manager explorer, it
shows the error 9003. Then I tried sp_detach_db "Contact", it fails.
When I run "SELECT * FROM sysdatabases", no "Contact" database record in.
I guest it still has some reference files exist in database server, but I do
n't know how to restore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment