Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 87 while installing SQL Server 2005

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if this is an old issue, but I couldn't find it in any thread. Here I go:

I downloaded SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition from the MSDN site; but when I run the installation wizard I get this error:

Errors occurred during the installation

Error 87 installing .NET Framework 2.0

The parameter is incorrect

And then I have to cancel the installation. This machine meets the hardware requirements, and it already has the .NET framework 2.0 installed. Humm, what else? It's a Windows 2003 Server SP1 machine...let me know if you need more information.

I've been trying to figure out a solution, but I finally gave up

I'm trying to install Team Foundation Server, but first I have to install IIS 6.0 (done), SQL Server 2005, Share Point Services....and I'm afraid that the TFS Installation Wizard will ask me to dance 'Macarena' or something like that ??

Ejem, sorry for the whining. Well, does anyone out there know what can I do in order to successfully install SQL Server 2005? Any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance!

This issue is solved. It was all about the way I burned the DVD.|||

Hello,

I've got the same error. How do you resolve it?

What different way must I take to burn the dvd right and get to install the SQL succesfully?

thank you very much in advance. I'm deseperate.

Naiara

|||

I'll give you more details.

I'm trying to install BizTalk Server 2006 in a PC with windows 2000 professional sp4, and first I must install Visual Studio 2005 and Sql 2005 Server among others. The three aplicactions are trial versions downloaded from the MSDN site and the three are spanish versions.

Both (Visual and SQL) uses .NET framework 2.0. I've been succesful installing the Visual, which comes with NET framework 2.0, but when I've run the installation wizard of SQL 2005 from the dvd, I've got the same error above (error 87) and the unique exit is to cancel the installation.

First I've searched for a solution in msdn soporter. I've found this article

Error message when you install SQL Server 2005: "Beta components detected"

Article ID

:

919394

Last Review

:

June 5, 2006

Revision

:

1.0

Bug #: 449253 (SQLBUDT)

SYMPTOMS

When you install Microsoft SQL Server 2005, you may receive the following error message:

Beta components detected.

This problem is likely to occur when you install SQL Server 2005 on a computer that has a beta version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 installed.

Back to the top

CAUSE

This problem occurs because the Microsoft .NET Framework installer (Dotnetfx.exe) detects beta components that block the installation. The SQL Server 2005 Setup program does not detect the components that may prevent the .NET Framework installation. For example, if you have installed a beta version of Visual J# 2005, you experience this problem when you install SQL Server 2005.

Back to the top

WORKAROUND

To work around this problem, you must uninstall the beta components. Then, try to install SQL Server 2005 again. To find whether beta components that prevent the installation have been installed on your computer, run the Dotnetfx.exe program. The Dotnetfx.exe program displays a dialog box that contains the name of the beta components that prevent installation.

Note The Dotnetfx.exe file is located in the Servers\Redist\2.0 folder on the SQL Server 2005 Setup media

I've tried this solution but when I've run Dotnetfx.exe, nothing has happened: the console has appeared for a while and then it has disappeared without showing any components to unistall.

Can anyone there help me?

Thank you very much.

Naiara

|||I faced the same issue
my work around is exactly the same...it already has the .NET framework 2.0 isntalled...Windows 2k3 Server SP1...pls let me know how to resolve this issue ASAP |||

Whoa, this was more than 1 year ago. I don't even work for that company anymore.

Well...going back to my issue, as far as I remember I had to re-burn de DVD using another dvd-burner (a different pc). If that doesn't work then you can try by mounting the .iso (you'll may have to download another software in order to perform this action)

And if you're talking about the beta/old versions then you only have to uninstall it.

I hope this helps.

|||I am having this same issue with a new build of server 2003, and sql server 2005 on a VMware virtual machine.
SQL server has installed, and works ok. But i need to install some additional components. When i run the install to add the new components i get the Error 87 while installing .NET 2.0
I have tried uninstalling .net, and running setup again but it does the same thing.

There are lots of posts on the internet but no definitive solutions. Re-burning a DVD doesnt make sense to me, its the same ISO i used to install it that i'm using to add components and its still doing it. Does anyone have a definitive answer to solve this? Its driving me nuts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment