Monday, March 26, 2012

Error 823 that I cant fix

Hi,

I am running SQL 2000 server for datawarehousing and I am getting the following error in the application log when I build large tables:

Error: 823, Severity: 24, State: 3
I/O error 33(The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.) detected during write at offset 0x00000829618000 in file '<file name.mdf>'

I have run through MS Support and really haven't found helpful info on this. I don't know what process is locking the mdf file, but I don't beleive there are any server or even client side programs running against this datafile.

Any thoughts?

joeNot come across that error before, but I would try looking under the Managment section of your server in Enterprise Manager then Locks/Objects and see if you can spot an offending process. If there is one it may be worth trying to kill it.

No comments:

Post a Comment