Monday, March 26, 2012

Error 823

Hello.
I pray to that someone can help me...
A month ago a compaq server hosting a SQL Server 2000 Server had a hardware
crash. Unfortunatly, the Compaq Smart Array was configured with RAID 0.
Aparently the problem was there a long time ago and there was not a recently
backup file. So, we've delivered the Raid System to a Recovery company.
The data was recovered, I have the .MDF and the .LDF files. The problem is,
after i attach the database to a clean instance of Sql Server, i get the
following error:
******************
Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 2, Line 1
I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x0000001ef3c000 in
file 'D:\Data\database_Data.MDF'.
Connection Broken
******************
I've tried several possible solutions as CHECKDB, CHECKALLOC and so far,
with no results.
How can I resove this problem? I have read thousands of Forum messages but
i've no solution. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 826433, that
tells me that there are a build of Sql server, wich have several tools to
try to correct this problem. Tha leads me to another problem... i cannot
find that file versions.
I would thanks any solution, any help.
Regards.
Marco PaisPlease don't post the same question to multiple groups.
My answer from .tools:
You can't correct this error - its a hard error with the underlying disk
(i.e. the OS tells SQL Server it can't read the bytes off the disk). You'll
need to suck as much data out of the database as you can onto new media. I
would contact PSS to help you (http://support.microsoft.com)
Regards.
--
Paul Randal
Dev Lead, Microsoft SQL Server Storage Engine
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Marco Pais" <mpais@.foruminformatica.pt> wrote in message
news:eS4R5t2PEHA.1392@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello.
> I pray to that someone can help me...
> A month ago a compaq server hosting a SQL Server 2000 Server had a
hardware
> crash. Unfortunatly, the Compaq Smart Array was configured with RAID 0.
> Aparently the problem was there a long time ago and there was not a
recently
> backup file. So, we've delivered the Raid System to a Recovery company.
> The data was recovered, I have the .MDF and the .LDF files. The problem
is,
> after i attach the database to a clean instance of Sql Server, i get the
> following error:
> ******************
> Server: Msg 823, Level 24, State 2, Line 1
> I/O error (bad page ID) detected during read at offset 0x0000001ef3c000 in
> file 'D:\Data\database_Data.MDF'.
> Connection Broken
> ******************
> I've tried several possible solutions as CHECKDB, CHECKALLOC and so far,
> with no results.
> How can I resove this problem? I have read thousands of Forum messages but
> i've no solution. I have read Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 826433,
that
> tells me that there are a build of Sql server, wich have several tools to
> try to correct this problem. Tha leads me to another problem... i cannot
> find that file versions.
> I would thanks any solution, any help.
> Regards.
> Marco Pais
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment