Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Error 9003 : fail to attach a database

Hi
I sucessful attached a database, but deleted it without detach. When I tried to attach again got this error 9003: The LSN(12:32:1) passed to log scan in database "Contacts" is invalid
I tried to detach it, but I can't find the database in system, so it fails too
Please help, thanks in advance
IreneIrene
Do you have the .mdf and .ldf files for Contacts
Did you use the Enterprise Manager or issue the sp_attach_db and sp_detach_db from the Query Analyzer
...but deleted it without detach..
What does this mean? How was this accomplished? Explain..
Does Contacts show up when you run this..
SELECT * FROM master..sysdatabase
Norman|||Hi, Norma
I used the Enterprise Manager to attach the Contact.mdf and Contact.ldf
After attached it, I found the new database "Contact" was readonly. I made a mistake to del the database "Contact" directly in the Enterprise Manager explorer
When I tried to attach the file again in the Enterprise Manager explorer, it shows the error 9003. Then I tried sp_detach_db "Contact", it fails.
When I run "SELECT * FROM sysdatabases", no "Contact" database record in
I guest it still has some reference files exist in database server, but I don't know how to restore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment