Monday, March 19, 2012

error 7102

I have merge replication setup on SQL 2000. I am getting
the following error during when the snapshot runs:
Error: 7102, Severity: 20, State: 7
SQL Server Internal Error. Text manager cannot continue
with current statement..
The only KB article I can find does not seem to be
relevent.
Anyone have any idea? Thanks!
Dave
Dave,
interesting - I've never heard of this error before, apart from with SQL 7.0
(http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q246775).
A workaround in this case was to lock down the table (HOLDLOCK), but my
understanding is that the table is locked down in the snapshot creation for
merge, (unlike transactional where there is an option for concurrent
snapshot generation). You could try generating the snapshot when noone else
is on the system just to verify if it is a concurrency issue. Alternatively,
as this is apparently a new error, and assuming you have sp3 on the
publisher, distributor and subscriber, I'd consider raising this issue with
PSS.
Regards,
Paul Ibison
|||Thanks Paul,
That is kind of what I was expecting. I am the only user
connected to the database. I even tried to remove the
publication both in Enterprise manager and through the
query analyzer and I get the same error. This database
is really a copy of the original and could easily be
recreated if I could just get rid of everything.
Dave
>--Original Message--
>Dave,
>interesting - I've never heard of this error before,
apart from with SQL 7.0
>(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
US;q246775).
>A workaround in this case was to lock down the table
(HOLDLOCK), but my
>understanding is that the table is locked down in the
snapshot creation for
>merge, (unlike transactional where there is an option
for concurrent
>snapshot generation). You could try generating the
snapshot when noone else
>is on the system just to verify if it is a concurrency
issue. Alternatively,
>as this is apparently a new error, and assuming you have
sp3 on the
>publisher, distributor and subscriber, I'd consider
raising this issue with
>PSS.
>Regards,
>Paul Ibison
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment