Sunday, March 11, 2012

Error 5180: Could not open FCB for invalid file id : 120

'"Error 5180: Could not open FCB for invalid file id : 120"

When we attach the mdf and ldf files we get this error, what can we do to restore the database?

SEe this KBA http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815183 to fix.|||

I de-tached and then attempted reattached a database from my server. I was not able to reattached, so I changed the name of the old database file by adding an X to the end. I then created a new database with the same name as the old one, deleted the new database file, and then renamed the old file by removing the X. Now when I try to open tables or veiws, I get error 5180: Could not open FCB... I followed the link to the suggestion about parallelism, ran the code, and still have the problem. I am running SQL Server 2000, but I don't know about the service packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment