Wednesday, February 15, 2012

error 193 installing .net framework 2.0

Hi,
I'm trying to install SQL Server 2005 and I receive the "error 193 installing .net framework 2.0"
I got the same error when try to install the 32 bits SQL Server 2005 SE which I downloaded from MSDN. I got the same error even after I tried to install .Net Framework separately.
I tried the Developer Edition and there is no such error.

Is there something special with the SE CD?|||Hi,

what I did:

1.) Disabled the extended IE security on the Win2K3 server (saw that on another post)
2.) Installed .net Framework 2.0 from Windows Update
3.) Reboot

After that everything worked fine... No idea which of the 3 did the trick...|||Update:

No, it didn't work... I got the error message that IIS wasn't completely configured... I forgot to do so... After adding ASP.net to IIS the setup wants to install .net 2.0 again. No idea why. Even repairing the .net installation didn't help.
What I noticed is that all the graphics in the pre-setup screens are missing... Perhaps this has something to do with that...|||Are you using virtual machines? I am using VMware and found that my problem is an corrupted iso file. MY problem was resolved after I recreate the iso file.

So the error may be due to a bad installation media.|||How to disable the extended IE security on the Win2k3 server|||I thought disabling Extended IE Security would help (see my earlier post) but it didn't. It was a Virtual PC, I finally got it running not by using Developer Edition but Enterprise Edition... I also did a new download of the software (from MSDN) because I wasn't able to read the complete disk from the image. But that didn't help... My guess is a problem with VirtualPC... But I'm not sure...|||

I was trying to install SQL 2005 Developer edition to winXP sp2 on a virtual machine and got the same error. THen I downloaded framework 2 from win update and got the same error. Now I setup a virtual pc with Server 2003 enterprise sp1 disabled IE extended security and got the same error. So it might not be the problem (it is logical as ie on XP doesn;t have extended security).Right now I am updating that Virtual PC (server 2003 enterprise) with framework 2 . I'll reboot it and if that doesn't work I;ll change profession!!

It doesn't work still! I also get the problem where the graphics are not displayed like if an ActiveX control is missing.

|||Hi everybody, too many boys now angry with this problem.. and too many versions of this problem

this is mine:

1. i have.net framework 2.0 and i haveMs visual studio 2005 .
2. i tried to installMs SQL server 2005 Developer edition.
in first step [Server components, tools, Books Online, and samples] the installation sayas that net FRM 2.0 and support files required.
3. i click the install button and wow!! "error 193 installation Net Framework 2.0."
i cant understand, i havenet framework 2.0 and it cant install it. :S

i uninstalled all visual studio 2005 and net framework 2.0 and all other sql services.

and the same problem appears again.

Note: i run the installation program from full DVD [includes x86 x64 and itanium]

and no servers are running while installations.
i closed antivirus and firewall programmes while installation.
but the same error - that damned "error 193"

and please help me, and feel good to help a good boy :)
|||

If the install media is not a problem. How about trying to clean up the registry settings created by SQL2005.

Uninstall .net framwork 2.0 and also makie sure that your settings for the tmp folder is correct, clean up the temp and tmp folders

|||Map the DVD to a mapped drive in the virtual machine, ie the DVD is in the host OS, not in the VM. Run the setup.exe from the mapped drive. All is well after that.|||

ya boys.... thanks everybody.. and Yo123 thaks..

it is fine now.

let me say what i did:

1. i copy the full DVD to my local computer. like this --> c:\sql_detup_files

2. then i uninstalled the sql server and all components

3. and... try again to install sql server -- correct the instance names bla bla

4. then everything ok.

|||

I believe your installation file was corrupted:

Please check if the file is corrupted in SQL2005\redist\2.0\dotnetfx.exe

|||I also had the same issue and running a repair on .net 2.0 fixed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment