Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error 3140 on SQL Server 2000

When I do shrink trans log file or database error message came out "Error
3140 Could not adjust the space allocation for the file". I search on
Microsoft WEB only show SQL 7.0. Can someone help me please I already
installed SP3 for it.Bin,
How are you trying to shrink this log? What other steps have you taken befor
e trying to shrink? Are you doing this from enterprise manage or through que
ry analyzer?
Please post the exact error message here and someone may be able to assist.
Tunji O
"BIN YANG" <BINYANG@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B628FE
5-842E-4A14-9331-2BA683E3F97B@.microsoft.com...
When I do shrink trans log file or database error message came out "Error
3140 Could not adjust the space allocation for the file". I search on
Microsoft WEB only show SQL 7.0. Can someone help me please I already
installed SP3 for it.|||I shrink data through SQL Server Enterprise Manager All Tasks Shrink Databas
e
task the error message as follow:
Microsoft SQL-DMO(ODBC SQLSTATE:42000)
Error 3140:Could not adjust the space allocation for the file'truck_data'.
DBCC execution completeed. If DBCC printed error messages, contact your
system administrator.
"Tunji" wrote:

> Bin,
> How are you trying to shrink this log? What other steps have you taken bef
ore trying to shrink? Are you doing this from enterprise manage or through q
uery analyzer?
> Please post the exact error message here and someone may be able to assist
.
> Tunji O
> "BIN YANG" <BINYANG@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B6
28FE5-842E-4A14-9331-2BA683E3F97B@.microsoft.com...
> When I do shrink trans log file or database error message came out "Erro
r
> 3140 Could not adjust the space allocation for the file". I search on
> Microsoft WEB only show SQL 7.0. Can someone help me please I already
> installed SP3 for it

No comments:

Post a Comment