Friday, February 24, 2012

Error 29581: RS Install fails on Win2003

I am still having this problem (more info below), and I have tried pretty
much everything:
- Tried using NTservice account..
- Tried using SA sql user
- Tried using Administrator account
Please.. someone help me Im super stuck!
/// Christian
--
Hi gang,
Heres the problem: When I try to run the setup for Reporting Services it
fails near the end, stating the following:
Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Standard Edition --
Error 29581. SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server configuration.
The error was: Database 'ReportServerDB' does not exist. Check sysdatabases.
Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error information.
SETUP:
Windows Server 2003 Std. Ed., running ASP.NET and IIS.. This is the server
Im trying to install RS to. Im unsure which service pack this server is
running; it doesnt say anything just version 5.2 build 3790
Windows 2000 with SP4, running MSSQL 2000 Std. Ed. with SP4, this is the
server that I want to store the data on.
I have tried a couple of different settings to connect to the database; I
tried using the NT Authority\ Network service, the local machine acct, and
lately the administrator acct, but I still get the same error.
I would be thankful for any suggestions..
Take care,
ChristianAre you installing via the commandline? I believe if you want to have the RS
databases on another machine that is how you have to install. Check out the
readme. For more info on using the command line install use the books on
line and search on the work Install, you will see Installing Reporting
Services from the Command Line.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"farastray" <farastray@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CC4DBE84-CB04-421C-8072-08423739D470@.microsoft.com...
>I am still having this problem (more info below), and I have tried pretty
> much everything:
> - Tried using NTservice account..
> - Tried using SA sql user
> - Tried using Administrator account
> Please.. someone help me Im super stuck!
> /// Christian
> --
> Hi gang,
> Heres the problem: When I try to run the setup for Reporting Services it
> fails near the end, stating the following:
> Product: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services Standard Edition --
> Error 29581. SQL Setup failed to execute a command for server
> configuration.
> The error was: Database 'ReportServerDB' does not exist. Check
> sysdatabases.
> Refer to the Server error logs and setup logs for detailed error
> information.
> SETUP:
> Windows Server 2003 Std. Ed., running ASP.NET and IIS.. This is the server
> Im trying to install RS to. Im unsure which service pack this server is
> running; it doesnt say anything just version 5.2 build 3790
> Windows 2000 with SP4, running MSSQL 2000 Std. Ed. with SP4, this is the
> server that I want to store the data on.
> I have tried a couple of different settings to connect to the database; I
> tried using the NT Authority\ Network service, the local machine acct, and
> lately the administrator acct, but I still get the same error.
> I would be thankful for any suggestions..
> Take care,
> Christian
>

No comments:

Post a Comment