Sunday, February 26, 2012

ERROR 3027: CAN'T UPDATE

I IMPORTED A DATABASE FROM AN SQL SERVER 7.0 TO AN SQL
SERVER 2000. I CAN UPDATE THE TABLES DIRECTLY ON THE
SERVER, BUT WHEN I TRY TO DO IT WITH THE PROGRAM THAT USES
THE DATABASE, IT GIVES ME ERROR 3027: CAN'T UPDATE,
DATABASE OR OBJECT IS READ-ONLY. I HAVE GIVEN ALL THE
USERS THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS ON THE NEW SERVER AND IN THE
DATABASE. I HAVE AN ".INI" FILE WHERE I CAN SET THE
SERVERNAME. DOES SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS.Where are you getting the error and what is the full error
message? What is the programming language, API used to
access the database? Are you getting a 'Run-time error
'3027'? In that case, try adding a LockEdits property to the
OpenRecordset method if that's what the application is
using. Make sure you have primary keys or unique constraints
defined for the tables.
-Sue
On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:06:36 -0700, "SJURIC"
<SJURIC.STATIE@.AN.XACO.XEROX.COM> wrote:

>I IMPORTED A DATABASE FROM AN SQL SERVER 7.0 TO AN SQL
>SERVER 2000. I CAN UPDATE THE TABLES DIRECTLY ON THE
>SERVER, BUT WHEN I TRY TO DO IT WITH THE PROGRAM THAT USES
>THE DATABASE, IT GIVES ME ERROR 3027: CAN'T UPDATE,
>DATABASE OR OBJECT IS READ-ONLY. I HAVE GIVEN ALL THE
>USERS THEIR RESPECTIVE RIGHTS ON THE NEW SERVER AND IN THE
>DATABASE. I HAVE AN ".INI" FILE WHERE I CAN SET THE
>SERVERNAME. DOES SOMEONE KNOW HOW TO SOLVE THIS.|||Thank you Sue. I discovered it was the Primary Keys that were not
transported along with the database when I wasn't logged on as the
administrator. My login has administrative rights, but it seems like
it's not the same as login in as the administrator. I couldn't thank you
earlier, because we were disconnected waiting on the new shields and
antivirus to arrive. Thanks again!
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment