Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error 3621

For some reason I'm getting the following error on my MS2000 MSSQl
server. THe message is being written into my logs on the server.
MSSQL Error Msg 3621 The statement has been terminated
THis is then followed by the information message
Connected to DB
THis continues in a over and over again. My DB was working
fine and I could use the query analyzer, now however I cannot
query anything in the DB.
Any help would be great. I really dont want to reinstall this
as a solution.
TIA
dogdogThis message is usually preceded by another message indicating the cause the
error. Are these messages in the SQL Server error log or in a log generated
by your application?
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
<dogdog@.noemail.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.03.25.15.15.20.194339@.noemail.com...
> For some reason I'm getting the following error on my MS2000 MSSQl
> server. THe message is being written into my logs on the server.
> MSSQL Error Msg 3621 The statement has been terminated
> THis is then followed by the information message
> Connected to DB
> THis continues in a over and over again. My DB was working
> fine and I could use the query analyzer, now however I cannot
> query anything in the DB.
> Any help would be great. I really dont want to reinstall this
> as a solution.
> TIA
> dogdog|||On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:32:12 +0000, Dan Guzman wrote:

> This message is usually preceded by another message indicating the cause t
he
> error. Are these messages in the SQL Server error log or in a log generat
ed
> by your application?
The next message after the error 3621 is Statement has been terminated
and is then followed by an information message
stating "connected to db" This sequence just keeps going and going
over and over.
Hope that helps. Because it means absolutely nothing to me.
tks
dogdog|||So these messages are in a log generated by your application? In that case,
it appears your application is reporting only the 3621 warning message and
not the preceding error that caused the statement to be terminated.
For example, below are the messages that are displayed by Query Analyzer
when I get a primary key violation:
Server: Msg 2627, Level 14, State 1, Line 1
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_Table1'. Cannot insert duplicate key
in object 'Table1'.
The statement has been terminated.
If you have no control over the application logging behavior, I suggest you
run a Profiler trace to capture error events. This should help you identify
the problem SQL statements.
Hope this helps.
Dan Guzman
SQL Server MVP
<dogdog@.noemail.com> wrote in message
news:pan.2006.03.25.20.57.13.800017@.noemail.com...
> On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 09:32:12 +0000, Dan Guzman wrote:
>
> The next message after the error 3621 is Statement has been terminated
> and is then followed by an information message
> stating "connected to db" This sequence just keeps going and going
> over and over.
> Hope that helps. Because it means absolutely nothing to me.
> tks
> dogdog|||On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 06:27:38 +0000, Dan Guzman wrote:
First off thanks for taking your time on this and explaining things to
me a novice with mssql.

> So these messages are in a log generated by your application? In that cas
e,
> it appears your application is reporting only the 3621 warning message and
> not the preceding error that caused the statement to be terminated.
>
Yes they are being written to the system log by the mssql server. I
guess that was the best idea for this setup rather than having numerous
logs.

> For example, below are the messages that are displayed by Query Analyzer
> when I get a primary key violation:
> Server: Msg 2627, Level 14, State 1, Line 1
> Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_Table1'. Cannot insert duplicate k
ey
> in object 'Table1'.
> The statement has been terminated.
> If you have no control over the application logging behavior, I suggest yo
u
> run a Profiler trace to capture error events. This should help you identi
fy
> the problem SQL statements.
It seems as if the last query ran is "stuck" for lack of a better
understanding and just keeps querying. So it runs (without user
interaction for some reason) then reports the Error 3621 Statement
has been terminated. Then waits and reconnects to the server and
does it again. Seems crazy but I didnt make this stuff and it
makes it really hard to figure out when you inherit something like
this. Unfortunately there are no other logs to help in troubleshooting
and I want to avoid reinstalling the entire database. Luckily it
just came online and we just started testing it (i.e. sending
queries on test data) so if it does come down to reloading there
will be nothing lost. I just want to avoid that.
Thanks again for your help. If you have any other ideas I'll be glad
to try them out. I'm going to give the Profiler trace idea a shot.
Hopefully it will lead to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment