Sunday, February 26, 2012

Error 3271 while doing a backup

Hi I am trying to do a backup of a database and it gives me the following
error
Nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file 'C:\Program Files\Websense
Reporter\wslogdb61.mdf'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3271)
I ran dbcc checkdb and it gives consistency errors on one of the table, i
dropped all indexes on the table but its giving me errors while dropping the
last index, i think the index is corrupted . Is there any way to fix the
table or to drop the index without losing the data. I tried dbcc checkalloc
with rebuild and fast option still the same , i am hesitant to try the first
option of dbcc checkalloc which says it will fix the problem but will loose
some of the data. I tried copying the contents of the table to a temporary
table, but it gives I/O error.
Any suggestion '
Thanks
RodgerTry "DBCC CHECKDB"
Thanks & Regards,
P.C Sekhar.
"Rodger" <Rodger@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:78B5EACF-9948-46D6-8D96-C99B6B286E16@.microsoft.com...
> Hi I am trying to do a backup of a database and it gives me the following
> error
> Nonrecoverable I/O error occurred on file 'C:\Program Files\Websense
> Reporter\wslogdb61.mdf'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 3271)
> I ran dbcc checkdb and it gives consistency errors on one of the table, i
> dropped all indexes on the table but its giving me errors while dropping
> the
> last index, i think the index is corrupted . Is there any way to fix the
> table or to drop the index without losing the data. I tried dbcc
> checkalloc
> with rebuild and fast option still the same , i am hesitant to try the
> first
> option of dbcc checkalloc which says it will fix the problem but will
> loose
> some of the data. I tried copying the contents of the table to a
> temporary
> table, but it gives I/O error.
> Any suggestion '
> Thanks
> Rodger
>|||Please read the entire message which i posted, i already tried dbcc checkdb
and tried dbcc checkalloc with 2 options.
Thanks
Rodger
"P.C Sekhar" wrote:

> Try "DBCC CHECKDB"
> Thanks & Regards,
> P.C Sekhar.
> "Rodger" <Rodger@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:78B5EACF-9948-46D6-8D96-C99B6B286E16@.microsoft.com...
>
>

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Due to lack of space on storage disk the backup which you trying to take terminated and give SQL Error 3271. Here is few suggestions are listed which helps you to eradicate such error read more: - http://www.sqlrecoverysoftware.net/blog/sql-error-3271.html

Post a Comment