Friday, February 24, 2012

ERROR 26 AFTER UPGRADE OF SQL 2005 SERVER EXPRESS

I cannot make connection to database that I was using prior to the upgrade of SP1. Keep getting error 26-default settings prohibit remote access - but it's not remote.? Can anyone help - tell me how to change defaults or change properties to connect to my data after the update?

I am using Visual Web Developer Express. It can see the instance but cannot connect.

Using TCP/IP rather than named pipes is always "remote". YOu can enable the remote connections on the Computer by using the SQL Server Configuration surface. See more details and a screencast at my site in the section Screencasts >Enabling remote connections

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de|||Thank you - this did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment