Friday, February 24, 2012

Error 26 - SQL Connection Error

I was working on my office computer where I had Visual Web Developer Express Edition installed. I moved to my home office and installed Visual Web Developer and tried to run my application on my new computer and I get the following error message:

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

Please let me know if you need further information, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Never mind, I just realized I had issues with my SQL Server....I reinstalled it and it all works fine now.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment