Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Error 208: Invaild object name msdb.dbo.MSdistpublishers

Recently my msdb database became corrupt so I had to reinstall SQL Server 7.0. In doing so new system databases were created. I was able to restore all databases and system databases from backups except for the msdb database (unfortunately my backup overwrote the good database before I realized there was a problem). Because of this I have lost publication and subscriber info from my distribution tables that resided in the old msdb database.

What I would like to do is delete all references to previous publications and subscribers and create them all over again. But it does not allow me to create new or delete old publishers or subscribers. I get this and other errors...

Error 208: Invaild object name 'msdb.dbo.MSdistpublishers'

There is in fact no MSdistpublishers table in msdb because it is a new db. Can anyone help me reverse out of this?

Thanks in advance.

SteveIn future make sure to have regular backups for SYSTEM databases too.

I suggest to delete the replication and recreate it freshly which will re-enable the task. Make sure to check all jobs and tasks are scheduled properly after the MSDB restore.

Refer to SQL error log for any information.

No comments:

Post a Comment