Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Error 20535

I'm running VB6, Crystal 8.0, and Access 2000. The Crystal Report does a dump of an Access table. My VB6 program calls the Crystal Report like this:

MyForm.MyCrystalControl.ReportFileName = "C:\MyReport.rpt"
MyForm.MyCrystalControl.Action = 1

When I run the program, I get the error "20535 : Unable to Connect : Incorrect Session Parameters".

There is no password on the database.
There are no subqueries or subreports in the Crystal Report.
It is a very simple report.
It works fine on my Win XP Pro development PC. It gives me this error message on my Win XP Pro deployment PC.

This is driving me nuts! Anyone give me a solution? I've looked all through the Crystal Reports website solutions, but none of them helped.

Thanks in advanceWell, this just gets weirder by the minute. I changed the Access database to the Access 97 format, and gave it a new name. When I tried to run the report again, it said it couldn't find the database, and asked me to identify it. I gave it the new Access 97 database, and then the report ran absolutely fine on the deployment PC.

So, with no other changes made, it appears that Crystal Reports 8 just doesn't want to work with an Access 2000 database. Can anyone tell me why, and how I can solve that problem?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment