Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Error 3724 : Cannot delete database

Hi,
I wanted to delete some databases used for replication. When I
tried to delete them above error message was displayed. I used the the
following SPs and then deleted the databases :
sp_dboption 'databasename', 'published' , 'false'
go
sp_dboption 'databasename', 'merge publish' , 'false'
go
However one database still did not get deleted and displayed the
above error. I then tried changing the Category field to 0 for the database
in "sysdatabases" table of master. ODBC Error was displayed containing the
message "You do not have enough rights to alter a system database".
Can someone tell me how to solve this problem.
Thanks and Regards,
Harshad
Hi,
Try Tools --> Replication --> Configure
Publishing,Subscribers,Distribution --> Publication database --> Disable the
appropriate database
Then try dropping the database.
Hope this helps.
"Harshad Phadnis" wrote:

> Hi,
> I wanted to delete some databases used for replication. When I
> tried to delete them above error message was displayed. I used the the
> following SPs and then deleted the databases :
> sp_dboption 'databasename', 'published' , 'false'
> go
> sp_dboption 'databasename', 'merge publish' , 'false'
> go
>
> However one database still did not get deleted and displayed the
> above error. I then tried changing the Category field to 0 for the database
> in "sysdatabases" table of master. ODBC Error was displayed containing the
> message "You do not have enough rights to alter a system database".
> Can someone tell me how to solve this problem.
> Thanks and Regards,
> Harshad

No comments:

Post a Comment