Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Error 3716 - security settings

My first time encountering this error, and I can't find any documentation on
it...
adErrUnsafeOperation 3716 - "Safety settings on this computer prohibit
accessing a data source on another domain."
I'm calling a stored procedure in an enterprise environment, returning a
single recordset, with ADO (not ADO.NET).
I've done a trace, the stored procedure does run, but it only errors in the
customers environment. I can't replicate.
If anyone can tell me what this error is, I can probably find the problem
much sooner.Random (cipherlad@.hotmail.com) writes:
> My first time encountering this error, and I can't find any
> documentation on it...
> adErrUnsafeOperation 3716 - "Safety settings on this computer prohibit
> accessing a data source on another domain."
> I'm calling a stored procedure in an enterprise environment, returning a
> single recordset, with ADO (not ADO.NET).
> I've done a trace, the stored procedure does run, but it only errors in
> the customers environment. I can't replicate.
> If anyone can tell me what this error is, I can probably find the problem
> much sooner.
You are probably better off asking about this in a forum devoted to ADO
ASP, or maybe Windows networking, as this does not really seem to tbe an SQL
Server issue. I searched for the error message on Google, and I got some
hits. I only pursued the first one, and did seem to give some information.
Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se
Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodin...ions/books.mspx

No comments:

Post a Comment