Thursday, March 22, 2012

Error 8198 when trying to backup database

Hello,

My network team accidentally deleted and had to recreate the WNS database on the network, which posed all sorts of problems for us. Most everything is corrected, however I get the following error message in the failure of the database backup maintenance plan:

-----------------------
The job failed. Unable to determine if the owner (ANCONY\COgnos) of job DB Backup Job for DB Maintenance Plan '6pm Nightly Production Backup' has server access (reason: Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'ANCONY\COgnos'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 8198)).
-----------------------

I tried even adding this user into SQL Sever with full rights and it still did not work. It worked fine before hundreds of times, and like I said only stopped working when my network team did some thing on WNS.

Does anyone know what may be causing this. Is there something that they may have to add back to the network?

Any help or direction for additional research is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

RodneyI did find that I could change the jobs to use the "SA" owner instead and it looks like it is working, however things were running perfectly fine before under the 'ancony\Cognos' user, I can't figure out why it would stop working....

No comments:

Post a Comment