Thursday, March 22, 2012

Error 80072F76 28635 Requested header not found

I am trying to install a SQL server 2005 database to merge with a sql mobile database on an emulator or pda.

I have installed SQL server 2005 and a copied an existing database and created the publications subscriptions that worked on another machine. As far as I can tell everything is ok with the installation. I can browse the url of the virtual directory ie.sqlcesa30.dll on the database server and from the pda emulator so I'm satisfied that part of the comms is OK.

Using the ?diagnostics feature indicates everything is OK

When I come the actually merge the databases I get error number 80072f76 (23635) with a message that the header is corrupt or missing. The odd thing is that this message refers to sql ce 2000, which is n't installed and that i'm not trying to use.

The application on the PDA that I'm using to carry out the merge worked ok on another system, I've done all the obvious things like check the database server name and ip address, the privaledges for the iusr_ and am now stuck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what the 'header' in the error message refers to.

Thanks

Rob,

It sounds like everything is setup correctly, however your note that says "created the publications subscriptions that worked on another machine"

suggests you may be trying to synch from device/emulator after moving the publisher to a new server and you expect the subscription info

to still be valid. What I would recommend is to regenerate your snapshot and reinitialize all subscriptions in the process.

Darren

|||

Darren,

Thanks for your reply.

The other machine refered to used MS SQL 2005 to sync with a SQL mobile database using an application developeded in VS2005 .net 1 cf and then .net 2 cf.

The synchronisations work ok using those applications. Unfortuately that machine failed.

On a clean machine I reinstalled everything and manaully created the publications etc from the notes I had made and made sure everything is initialised. Its then I experienced the problems.

The really odd thing is that using the application developed in VS2005 .net1 cf I get the error reported, though on the 'old' machine this worked OK. If the app is upgraded in VS2005 to .net 2, no code changes, no changes to the database then it sysnchronises OK. Unfortuately going to .net2 is n't currently an option as this introduces additional problems which are the subject of another post. Returning to the .net 1 version I experience problems.

So, I'm stuck.

Any suggestions on what to do next or how to debug the 'header' error msg.

Thanks

|||

I'm not sure I'm entirely clear on exactly what you are doing, but I sense that you may be trying to use a CF1.0 mobile application with SQL Mobile (which you cannot do) - SQL Mobile requires CF2.0. If you must be at CF1.0 level, then you should be using SQL Server 2000 Windows CE Edition (aka SQL CE).

Darren

|||

Yep thats what I was trying to do.Though I thought I had it working previously.

Unfortunately can n't use .net 2 cf at the moment as there a some other problems with the conversion of the application.

Thanks

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment