Monday, March 19, 2012

Error 7317 when Accessing Linked Oracle Server

I have a linked server to an Oracle 8i database. When I attempt to query the
Oracle tables I get the following error:
Server: Msg 7317, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' returned an invalid schema definition.
OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: OLE/DB provider returned an
invalid schema definition.].
The problem is occurring at my customer's site. I have tried duplicating
their environment in my office, but I can not reporduce the problem.
I would appreciate any help you could offer.
Thanks,
Bill Manring
Chief Software Architect
Wavefront Software, Inc.
I found an answer to this problem so I thought I should post it in case
anyone else has a similar problem.
If I execute the query using the OPENQUERY function, the query executes
properly. Since OPENQUERY is a peferred way of querying linked srevers
anyway, there really is no problem.
"Bill Manring" wrote:

> I have a linked server to an Oracle 8i database. When I attempt to query the
> Oracle tables I get the following error:
> Server: Msg 7317, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> OLE DB provider 'MSDAORA' returned an invalid schema definition.
> OLE DB error trace [Non-interface error: OLE/DB provider returned an
> invalid schema definition.].
> The problem is occurring at my customer's site. I have tried duplicating
> their environment in my office, but I can not reporduce the problem.
> I would appreciate any help you could offer.
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Bill Manring
> Chief Software Architect
> Wavefront Software, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment