Monday, March 19, 2012

Error 7303 Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB provi

I am trying to link to an AS400 server. When I set up the link I am getting
Error 7303 Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB provider.
I know that there are problably parameters that I need to add to the
connection but am not sure where to start. Can someone help me troubleshoot
this issue?Install Client Access on the SQL Server box and make sure
you have the client updated with whatever service pack level
based on updates to the AS400. Then configure the linked
server as described in books online under Linked Servers,
configuring.
For data source, use the IP address of the AS400.
For provider string, you need to include the library you are
using, connect timeout setting and code page. There is some
documentation for the settings in the Client Access help
files.
You'd set the provider string somewhat like:
InitCat=YourLibrary;CCSID=37;PCCodePage=
1252;
Data Source=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Settings will depend on how your AS400 is configured. Again,
the Client Access help files have information on the
necessary connection string settings.
-Sue
On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:22:11 -0700, Linda Ibarra
<LindaIbarra@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to link to an AS400 server. When I set up the link I am getting
>Error 7303 Could not initialize data source object of OLE DB provider.
>I know that there are problably parameters that I need to add to the
>connection but am not sure where to start. Can someone help me troubleshoot
>this issue?

No comments:

Post a Comment