Sunday, March 11, 2012

Error 547

Hello kind people.
I'm converting a MS Access database into a SQL database by using the 'Upsizing Wizard' in Access. I get lots of error messages concerning constraints. I've solved some, but I'm stuck with 8 messages like this one:
ALTER TABLE "060 Common_indoor_info"
WITH CHECK ADD
CONSTRAINT "060 Common_indoor_info_FK00"
FOREIGN KEY ("Area code") REFERENCES "061 Area_description_facade"("Area code")
ALTER TABLE "060 Common_indoor_info"
CHECK CONSTRAINT "060 Common_indoor_info_FK00"

Server Error 547: The ALTER TABLE statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY
constraint "060 Common_indoor_info_FK00". The conflict occurred in database
"SakStairWayKopiSQL3", table "dbo.061 Area_description_facade", column 'Area code'.

I hope this is the right thread to post this.
Where can i find more info about these error messages?
I think the area code in the primary key table does not exists at the time you are altering the table for activating the foreign key.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment