Sunday, March 11, 2012

Error 53

I have SQL Server 8 running locally on my networked XP pc. I would like to
have users connect to the database there through the network. Each time the
y try to connect, the following error occures:
Connection failed:
SQLState: '01000'
SQL Server Error: 53
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]Connection open(
CreateFile()).
Connection failed:
SQLState:'08001'
SQL Server Error: 6
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQL Server do
es not exist or access denied.
When a user tries to connect, are they to use my IP address, my computer nam
e, my SQL Server Group name? I think I've tried all ways, but they can't co
nnect (myself included).
</scratching head>
tia,
--
JMorrellCould be an error with authentication. Make sure that they are using named
pipes protocol and are authenticated to your PC with an ID that has
permissions for SQL server. Try having them map a drive first with this ID.
"JMorrell" wrote:

> I have SQL Server 8 running locally on my networked XP pc. I would like t
o have users connect to the database there through the network. Each time t
hey try to connect, the following error occures:
> Connection failed:
> SQLState: '01000'
> SQL Server Error: 53
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][Named Pipes]Connection ope
n(CreateFile()).
> Connection failed:
> SQLState:'08001'
> SQL Server Error: 6
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][TCP/IP Sockets]SQL Server
does not exist or access denied.
> When a user tries to connect, are they to use my IP address, my computer n
ame, my SQL Server Group name? I think I've tried all ways, but they can't
connect (myself included).
> </scratching head>
> tia,
> --
> JMorrell

No comments:

Post a Comment