Friday, March 9, 2012

error 4819

I have just created a snapshot manually and started the synch manualy and I
am getting :
error 4819 - Could not bulk insert. Bulk data stream was incorrectly
specified as sorted.
Anyone point me to why this might be happening? Its a severity 16, so user
caused and supposedly user fixable.
Duncan
"Duncan" <duncanl@.mcgrath.com.au> wrote in message
news:2kflhaF1ef7jU1@.uni-berlin.de...
> I have just created a snapshot manually and started the synch manualy and
I
> am getting :
> error 4819 - Could not bulk insert. Bulk data stream was incorrectly
> specified as sorted.
> Anyone point me to why this might be happening? Its a severity 16, so
user
> caused and supposedly user fixable.
> --
>
> Duncan
>
and I have checked sp_helpsort - they are both the same.
This started happening after I made some changes to the table structure, but
for no apparent reason.
|||Duncan,
sp_helpsort returns the default collation at the server level, while this is
probably a problem at the table level. I wonder did you make some changes to
the database collation? This is potentially picked up by the applied
snapshot, and it may be incompatible with the source data. Try checking that
under the article properties you are taking the table's collation, and this
will then override the default database one.
If there's still an issue, please post back listing the table collation and
the collation of the subscriber database, and stating if you are taking the
collation or not.
HTH,
Paul Ibison

No comments:

Post a Comment