Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Error 3624 recbase.cpp:1374 m_nVars > 0

Hello out there...
unfortunatly I am not (yet) a SQL Server pro, so I need some help:
Some days ago we had a Server crash. The Server was running fine but
after a reboot the ntloader was gone - forever... After much work we
gained access to the harddisk which we checked with chkdsk. This took
more than 2 hours but after that we were able to make an image of the
harddisks with acronis true image.
I extracted the two databasefiles .mdf and .ldf from this image and
tryed to attach the database on the new installed system. The
attchement process finished fine, but when trying to access the
properties of the db I get this error:
[Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: HY000)] Error 3624:
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Location: recbase.cpp:1374
Expression: m_nVars > 0
SPID: 60
Process ID: 2052
Some googling pointed out that the db seems to be corrupt. I saw many
posts with DBCC commands, but untill now I dont know how and where to
use them. Can anyone give me some help howto repair the database?
I=B4m using MS SQL 2000 SP3 and tryed also SP4. More informations on
demand.Hi
If you are referring to:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/browse_frm/thread/9681aa08dd8a58eb/400fea7f4929049b#400fea7f4929049b
which mentions DBCC CHECKDB. This can be run from Query Analyser, which
should be on the start menu. Starting the application will give you a login
dialog. Once logged in you can run the command
DBCC CHECKDB ( 'database_name' )
To run this command you need to be the database owner or a sysadmin. If you
are the local system administrator and logged on using windows authentication
then you should be ok, if not, you may want to try logging in as sa .
John
]
"bilbogm@.gmx.de" wrote:
> Hello out there...
> unfortunatly I am not (yet) a SQL Server pro, so I need some help:
> Some days ago we had a Server crash. The Server was running fine but
> after a reboot the ntloader was gone - forever... After much work we
> gained access to the harddisk which we checked with chkdsk. This took
> more than 2 hours but after that we were able to make an image of the
> harddisks with acronis true image.
> I extracted the two databasefiles .mdf and .ldf from this image and
> tryed to attach the database on the new installed system. The
> attchement process finished fine, but when trying to access the
> properties of the db I get this error:
> [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: HY000)] Error 3624:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
> Location: recbase.cpp:1374
> Expression: m_nVars > 0
> SPID: 60
> Process ID: 2052
> Some googling pointed out that the db seems to be corrupt. I saw many
> posts with DBCC commands, but untill now I dont know how and where to
> use them. Can anyone give me some help howto repair the database?
> I´m using MS SQL 2000 SP3 and tryed also SP4. More informations on
> demand.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment